1850 A Congregation of the Methodist Episcopal Church-South is formed in Newport.
1850 New Zion Methodist Episcopal-South congregation organized in Pembroke.
1852 Deed given for Methodist Episcopal Church site in Newport by David Price.
1853 Construction on Newport church begun.
1903 Deed given for land to Mt. Olivet Episcopal Methodist Church-South by Billy Reynolds four miles northeast of Newport.
1906 Newport sanctuary remodeled (balcony removed and bell tower rebuilt).
1907 Newport parsonage site deeded by Tom Martin.
1910 Present parsonage constructed.
1954 Newport sanctuary moved back 20′ by VDOT in order to widen Rt. 42.
1969 New Zion merges into Newport congregation.
1975 Mount Olivet merged into Newport church; name changed to NMO-UMC.
1977 First Fellowship Hall/Sunday School addition.
1988-93 Second Fellowship Hall/Sunday School room addition.
1997 The Village Green is established.
1998-2002 Sanctuary remodeled (narthex added and windows moved from north wall to front of the church